There is important news for anyone who is enrolled in Medicare from the local CPA. The open registration period starts on October 15th. You will now have the opportunity to make new decisions for your plan. Medicare updates its plans with new coverage and costs with any change in healthcare needs. It is your chance to change your health plans and prescription drugs to those that meet your needs. You will need October 15 through December 7, 2012 to make major changes to your health plan.
What kind of changes can you make to your Medicare plan?
* You can participate in a prescription drug plan if you are not already enrolled.
* If you are enrolled in a prescription drug program, you can change to one that meets your most recent needs.
* If you belong to a prescription plan but want to cancel your coverage, now is your time.
* You can change to Medicare Advantage Plans from Original Medicare.
* You could switch from Medicare Advantage Plan to Original Medicare
* If you are on the Medicare Advantage plan, you could switch to another plan within the Medicare Advantage plan.
* You could change from a best Medicare Advantage plan that gives prescription drug insurance to one that does not.
* Change from one Medicare Advantage policy that does not cover prescription drugs to another.
Look carefully at the plan, especially if you have had any health-related changes since your last chance. Evaluate coverage and whether it fits your needs. See also the costs; Pocket and premium. You may know that in the near future there will be a treatment that will be better covered with a different plan. Now is the time to really analyze how much you are paying for premium costs and determine if your direct costs really meet your needs. You can find a different program that best suits your needs and yet make medical care affordable. At https://www.medicareadvantageplans2020.orghttps://www.medicareadvantageplans2020.org/ you can get online quotes and rates for advantage plans easily.
In 2013, Medicare Part B will add coverage for preventive services and treatments. You will no longer have direct copayment or deduction costs. Examples of services covered are: detection and / or counseling about alcohol abuse, cardiovascular disease, bone density, diabetes, colorectal cancer, prostate cancer, mammograms, obesity counseling and nutritional therapy. Learn more about other services that will be covered to ensure you sign up for the program that best fits your needs.
Many Medicare prescription drug plans have temporary limits on prescription drug coverage for each plan. In 2013, this coverage gap will begin after you spend $ 2,970. Changing this plan will help you gradually reduce the direct costs gained from the difference.
As with prescription drugs, you can buy supplemental insurance to insure services not insured by Medicare and for those with health insurance. The “Original Medicare” policy allows the option to buy Medicare Supplement Insurance, while the “Best Medicare Advantage Plan” doesn’t.
It is advisable to always find out if you can leverage on other extra insurance through the rewards of your union or employer, veteran or military.
Is the home health care insured by Medicare?
The Medicare website states: “Medicare only insures home health care to a limited extent as directed by your physician.” As reviewed above, Parts A and B are Medicare options that insure the home health services specified by Medicare.
Home health insurance in New Mexico stipulates that you must meet the following criteria:
You are currently receiving regular services from a physician. This physician should also maintain an exclusive care policy for you, which is reviewed regularly.
– Your physician must certify a “need” for specific medical services, such as the requirements of intravenous drug therapy, physical therapy, occupational therapy, respiratory therapy or speech therapy services.
– The home health agency that provides services must be certified by Medicare (see below for more details).
– Your physician must certify your state of health as local, as indicated by:
* Your health condition prevents you from leaving home.
* You cannot travel from your home without assistance (that is, transportation aid, such as assistance from people).
* Leaving home requires a good amount of effort and can be detrimental to your health.
My home health firm does not accept Medicare, why?
The Medicare approval process takes a lot of time and is expensive, so although it may seem that many companies do not accept Medicare, they may be in the process of obtaining Medicare certification.
In addition, Medicare’s criteria for individual qualification for home health care are very strict. The reality is that many people who can apply for Medicare insurance for their approved home health care services will not actually receive insurance. Currently, Medicare pays only half of all health care costs for the elderly. Medicare often denies payment for not meeting the criteria; therefore, it is essential to keep in mind that you meet these criteria before limiting yourself only to Medicare-approved home health care companies.
Shop around and get Quotes from several carriers
Getting quotes from multiple carriers for health insurance in 2020 is crucial. You may need to make a few phone calls, and look online. Be careful however, as many sites online just sell your name. One site we’ve found that is trustworth to get online quotes for health insurance is www.Healthinsurancequotes2020.com.
It is crucial not to be impressed by the complexities of Medicare, since there is a lot of information on the Internet.
In conclusion, keep in mind that while Medicare only insures home health for locals, home health care is NOT exclusively for locals. Home health agencies offer a variety of services that reward not only those who are not insured by Medicare, but also those who are at home or not.